Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Through a Babies Eyes

One of my favorite quotes comes from our 28th President, Woodrow Wilson, when he said " I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow."  Great leaders, innovators, and masterminds are constantly seeking creative input.  Some from their peers,  others from their mentors, but the most astute look to their surroundings.

In this modern, overly connected world, their is not a shortage of ideas. On the contrary, the constant bombardment of information dulls our senses. Things become ordinary and mundane.  But who wants ordinary and mundane?  For a change, try to look at your surroundings with the same focus and awareness and awe that a new baby has.  Have you ever noticed how a infant can hold a gaze for what seems like an eternity.  They are seeing everything with unpolluted eyes.  Everything is new, everything is an adventure, and everything needs to be absorbed right then!



 So let's resolve to wipe the sleepy's out of our overstimulated and tired eyes. Let's put on those "unpolluted" lenses tomorrow and absorb our surroundings.  When we start to be aware of our surroundings, the possibility for growth is astounding.

These next few days I would like to share with you some of my observations as I go throughout my journey and how we can relate them back to our industry.    Hope you enjoy....


Above you'll find a very unique "specials board" that I observed at a restaurant!  They have painted part of the wall in chalkboard paint.  It's an easy way to constantly update their info.  But my favorite part is the round swinging board! This featured the "Extra Special of the Day." Love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment